Sri Sairam Group | FAQ's

What our clients
want to know


Home / FAQ's

scroll down

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

No permission is required by non-resident Indian national to acquire immovable Property in India.

Yes, foreign national of Indian origin, whether resident in India or abroad have been granted general permission to purchase immovable property in India.

The purchase consideration should be met either out of inward remittances in foreign exchange through normal banking channels or out of funds from NRE/FCNR accounts maintained with banks in India.

The purchase of the flats can be financed from fresh remittance through the normal banking channels or from payment from original non-resident account or from Non-resident (External) accounts. When the flat is under construction, it may be possible to get installment facilities from the builder. Loan may also be available in India for purchase of flats, for example from Housing Development Finance Corporation, ANZ Grindlays Bank, Citi Bank etc. Non-resident Indians who are citizens of India (India Passport Holders) are eligible for housing finance for the acquisition of an immovable property or construction of a new house, or a flat for their occupation or for that of their family in India. But the HDFC also considers granting loans to non-resident Indians even if they are abroad, provided a family member of his or her in India is made a co-borrower and a power of attorney is given to his representative in India.

Different banks require different sets of documents for processing a housing loan.
Following are some documents generally required by most banks:

Proof of Income

  • Salary certificates and form No. 16 for last three years
  • TDS certificate for last 3 years
  • Bank statements showing credit entries for salary/ professional fees received for past 12 months
  • Professional qualification certificates etc

Title of the property

  • Copy of the property sale deed
  • Title report by a solicitor
  • Valuation report
  • NOC from the builder/condominium/society
  • Amenities agreement, if any

Other Documents

  • Proof of age – Copy of passport, driving license etc
  • Proof of residence – Copy of ration card, passport, society letter etc
  • Photographs with signature

If you have other questions that are not answered here, please feel free to write to us at info@Sri Sairam, and we’ll be happy to get you all the right answers!